View Single Post
Old 22-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
A pleasing spider's lair. As for the colour, while not accurate has certainly has some pizzaz....dare I say, hallmarks of an Andy C image

Fixed pattern noise is due a very low level, but constant variation in sensitivity across the sensor. More typically seen in CMOS due the way each pixel is read-up, but CCD's are not immune. Interline sensors such as the KAI 11000 suffered from the dreaded "jailbar" pattern. Can't say I've seen it in non-interline CCD's such as the KAF16803, plus if there is a fair amount of signal, FPN also disappears into the background.

The easiest fix is to dither your sub exposures...and the more the subs the merrier...any fixed pattern should slowly decay due a process not dissimilar to gaussian blur by doing so.
Cheers Peter, and thanks for the explanation- sounds like more data required!

[QUOTE=Geoff45;1447006]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post

Cheers Geoff, by muted did you mean the brightness/colour? It's an exceptionally bright object and I didn't want to lose the dynamic range, so I went for highlights with Juuuust enough detail, rather than making it look too flat

[\QUOTE]

Hi Andy. The Tarantula comes out pinkish and pink is really a desaturated red, so I guess I’m saying that the nebula loses a bit of punch in comparison with all the stuff surrounding it.
I think that’s right Geoff. Dr. Malin was very specific at the DMA 2015 presentation about 2070 being rendered as a brilliant, very bright object - so that makes sense