View Single Post
Old 22-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Nice and bold rendition, of what is a pretty cool area in any book, lots of gas...and... it looks like gas too, so well done on that score The fixed pattern noise is only visible in a few places, weird..?

Good to be back in the fold I bet ......after desecrating your beautiful green Tak gear

Mike
Thanks Mike, yes overall I'm very happy to be back imaging again!

Tell me IIS Team, what is the cause of FPN? I'm curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff45 View Post
Nice vivid outer regions Andy. I think that perhaps the Tarantula itself is too muted by comparison. Regarding the FPN: I see it now (on my iPad) but only because others have pointed it out. I probably would have missed it if left to my own devices.

I’m all for constructive criticism. It helps to lift the bar for everybody, not just the imager.
Geoff
Cheers Geoff, by muted did you mean the brightness/colour? It's an exceptionally bright object and I didn't want to lose the dynamic range, so I went for highlights with Juuuust enough detail, rather than making it look too flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
The fine detail in the tarantula is superb. There's a little cluster right at the bottom, about 7 o'clock. You've shown the colours of the cluster stars beautifully.
Cheers M&T, yes, that's the O3 detail showing up mostly, and thanks also for the feedback on the cluster! I'm very happy with the star colours especially considering the LP here in Melbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
You’ve captured the swirling detail and colours beautifully Andy.
Cheers Rodney, seems that it's a crowd pleasing target