Thread: Python
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2018, 05:44 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Python

When I got my Tandy 16k I managed a little programming in basic because things were very easy to get at and as the years went by I became more interested in using it to do something..I managed a simple address list for my them career in real estate sales.
If you wanted to print something you had to write a program really.

Line one print "Dear sir" sort of thing.

I had it in the office and as few had seen a computer it was a great conversation starter and really it was easier to keep an address book for the few buyers that I serviced.

I went on to an Osborne (small screen) which had word star and super cal so my need to program was no longer necessary and I drifted away from going down that road.

But I have read a little about Python and am thinking in an effort to not act old and somehow stimulate my brain I am thinking of trying to learn it.
I am just a mug and I wonder is this too hopeful and if I did learn it could I hope to reach a level where I could use it for something.
I remember sort of seeing something in one of the astro programs that you can write scripts in Python so I wonder if anyone here uses it in astronomy work.
alex