View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 01:06 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Thanks for the comments!

And of course, if you have any questions, I'm only too happy to answer them. The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked. You might have an observing question, an object specific question, how you can further improve how you see things through your scope, could be for further help, telescope specific (all scopes have unique pros and cons), anything. If I have sparked a question from what you have encountered so far, that is good, and ask.

While I try to be comprehensive, I may overlook something, or may not have been too clear in some other.

Using a scope for astro means re-learning how to use your eyes and how to see things. While my eyes are not as "good" as a 17 year old's, my experience makes up for that, and a bit more. And at the same time, my experience can also mean I can forget certain difficulties new comers have, so any questions you may have will also help me improve what I cover when I write pieces like this.

Oh, in just writing the above I've just remembered something else - while Deep Sky Objects have a very specific set of observing requirements, the Moon and Planets have another set all together! And for these, I'll look at starting another thread specific to these.

Alex.