View Single Post
Old 25-05-2016, 10:46 AM
glend (Glen)

The problems seem to be solved, or at least everything is working at the same time now and I did not have to buy any more equipment.

#1, The problem with the USB connectivity. I have the camera plugged directly into my laptop USB3 connection, and it works that way. The guide camera and filter wheel are running off my mbeat 7 port powered hub, and they are USB2. As the hub USB3 cable is backward compatible to USB2, I have it plugged into the spare USB2 connection on the laptop. The filter wheel and guide camera are working through that. I had to reboot the laptop to reflect the reorganisation but its looking good.

#2, The problem with not being able to run the ASI1600 and the ASI130mm (guide camera) at the same time has been resolved. It is important to start the ASI1600 first so it can be picked in SGPro with the driver and connected there. Then the guide camera can be started and it works and does not impact on the ASI1600. I have written to Sam at ZWO about that as I think people using ZWO guide cams should know about that.

I still need to do a USB3 cable extension test to see if I can get away with the USB3 extension that I was using for the mbeat hub, if that works I can probably just use a USB2 extension off the mbeat hub to the laptop, and can return my workstation to its regular spot.
More to come.