View Single Post
Old 14-03-2024, 09:59 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Martin, now that you have that nice mono camera, have you considered adding an Ha filter to your wheel. I suggest this as the gas filaments are easily captured in Ha. In processing just bring it in as a Red layer. Just a suggestion. Glen
Thanks for the suggestion Glen,
I have a full compliment of filters in my wheel and have posted a few SHO nebula images through February on this site and my Astrobin account
Yes I’m aware that Cent A has some nice Ha accents , however I sacrificed a clear Sunday night to return to Sydney Sunday arvo for a family celebration. I would have captured some more Lum and definitely Ha on that Sunday night if I had no commitments and stayed at my Dome.
Oh well maybe next time
Startools has a neat slot for Ha accents in its Compose module where you load your data sets and when you hit the colour module , bingo your Ha accent is there in all its glory !
My permanent residence is still Sydney and my wife and I spend probably 3 to 4 months of the year at our holiday home on the South Coast where I have my Dome. I’m retired but my Wife is still working part time ( Teacher ). They can never give it away but she loves it, besides the education system in NSW both private , state and catholic are absolutely desperate for teachers both young and old. They’re even asking retired teachers to come back ( madness)

Thanks again
Martin

Last edited by Startrek; 14-03-2024 at 10:17 PM.