View Single Post
Old 22-06-2017, 08:36 AM
kkara4 (Krishan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzEclipse View Post
And maximum mean cloudiness - 60-80%. Cairns was 44%. A move west by several states will double your chances of a clear sky. Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon.

This is a climatic history summary not a forecast.
http://eclipsophile.com/wp-content/u...raph-MODIS.jpg
Joe
I only just realised you were on here Joe, you have made an extremely good eclipse filter design for which I ordered some Depron sheet just yesterday! Thanks for sharing your design (found it via google yesterday)!

I have my plans in place now for this one, everything booked and paid for.

I note your post about traffic above, I hope it turns out as you expect with nothing too bad, but my primary spots in Oregon are starting to look very busy indeed, so I am going to assume epic traffic and plan accordingly. I'd rather find out there are almost no people unexpectedly, than unexpectedly encountering thousands of people on the small country roads and not having planned for such an eventuality. I will be in a position to report back after the event on how traffic actually ended up.

Wildfires in Oregon are also a high probability, and repositioning around road closures and smoke will make things interesting, though of course the whole of Oregon certainly won't be on fire at the same time .

In terms of camera gear i am now geared up nicely. 5D MK iv, 5D MK iii, 240-600mm f/5.6 lens, a wide angle lens, gimbal head tripod, all necessary filters and radio triggers. I think dragging my Losmandy G11 over there would be a tad difficult, as much as i would love to have it there . I'll also be doing video off a small SX620 compact camera just because i might as well.