View Single Post
Old 21-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Alchemy (Clive)
Quietly watching

Back again.
Well the sky was clear enough.... Almost full moon, but bright stars are available. Set the encoder direction easily enough, time for a one star alignment as I had selected German equatorial exact....... Seems mine isn't so exact as although I had things in the finder it wasn't what I hoped. Now given I have pulled bits apart and tinkered with it during the instalation that isn't suprising, so I figured let's go for the rough align ( too bright to use polar scope with the moon).....

So here's where I get stuck, it's me so I apologize, but I can't figure where to point the scope for the fix alt ref. if I have the scope pointed to the south celestial pole, where do I go from there....

I got confused with turn north as I couldn't make any sense as everywhere is north from south.

The diagram of the fork seemed to be pointing to the SCP ?

So if I am standing behind my scope looking at the SCP do I turn it 90deg to the left in dec axis (east) and leave he RA unchanged, should the mount be running. I hope that makes sense. Feel free to talk in non technical terms