View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 04:18 PM
2stroke (Jay)
The devil's advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by g__day View Post
Should have looked in this forum first! From my read its an Astronomik IR filter. I've send many letters to Canon research for DSLRs over the past few years, refering them to Badder, Hutech and Astronomik IR filters. Slightly surprised they went the Astronomik route, I'll see if I can find out why.

The other idea I suggested was a user specified Liveview and Remote Live view settings for 1/10 sec up to 30 seconds. I think it was software locked to 3 frames per seconds, but there was no reason why a user couldn't verfiy this for hobby shots that required more signal from loner exposures. Wonder if Canon handled this?

Meanwhile just delighted this model has turned up!
Well there own in house Low pass filter does a better job then any IR cut in the digi 4's from my reading and first hand experience. It wouldn't surprise me if there just using a astronomik MC clear, as the LP is an IR cut and gives a better spectrum then any of these filters. If they have gone for astronomik it will be for price and being able to fill there demand. Anyhow this if from what I know and understand, I could be total wrong

Umm liveview vai EOS utils works fine here for my 1100D's on whatever is set it for, maybe you should try updating EOS utils from canon. From the camera try updating the firmware from canon, if not flash with magic lantern which I would have done when i got the thing, canons firmware is n00b locked