View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 10:08 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
I'm going to add to this because one thing that generally frustrates me is when people say that things can't be done but not why. ( no disrespect intended Bojan )

They use stepper motors because they require a given number of pulses to complete a rotation. These pulses can then be measured over time to give a correct slew rate. A potentiometer ( volume control ) is effectively a variable resistor. For this to stay accurate you would need to supply the exact same voltage and current and have no change in the load on the motor. Almost impossible to do accurately enough without a whole lot of extra electronics.

Good luck with the resurrection of the mount Alex
Thanks Ryan.
I thought what you said would be the case as I figured these circuits were there for a reason.

I think you may be able to do it with a volume control but you would have to in effect manually guide it...which is a pain and not easy to get right...but Bojan has my back I am happy and grateful to say.
First I wiat to see what if anything can be fixed ..it only need one mount..each requure a different approach and will cross that bridge when I come to it.

But I really have been thinking of adding at least the second camera as I went outcearlier and the trees are closing me out here I think less than an hour on a target☺
Alex