View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Inmykombi (Geoff)
They aint just doubles :o

Hi all, please comment on this letter I drafted to the Glider Club ( Mangrove Mountain Soaring Club ).
I struggle with writing this sort of letter, but please comment and if OK I can send it away ASAP.

Rgds Geoffro.

Dear President / Secretary,
On behalf of a Group of Individuals who share the same passion for the Night Sky, I wish to express our desire to be able use your Club’s Airfiled for the purpose of Stargazing .

I am actually part of an informal group of Amateur Astronomers and like-minded individuals, who gather together once or twice a month to observe the night sky with our Telescopes and associated equipment.
Sometimes we may gather together outside the normal “ New Moon” Monthly get-togethers, for a special Astronomical event such as a Lunar Eclipse or Meteor Shower etc. However, we usually get together just a couple of times a Month.
At present, we are using another venue, which has an increasing amount of light pollution that affects our ability to both observe and enjoy the dark skies available at Mangrove Mountain.

At this point, I personally would also like to convey our Thanks to your Club, for allowing us to visit your Airfield a month or two ago, and try the site at night for our common purpose.
We found the Airfield to be a most suitable area for our Stargazing activities, with a minimal amount of Stray light that would detract from our enjoyment.

We as a group, also note that you may have certain Rules for using the Airfiled, and we are most happy to abide by your rules or restrictions, to ensure your Airfield remains safe for your activities, as well as our intended activities at night.
We would also be most happy to show your members the Night Sky Treasures that are within the reach of our Telescopes and equipment.

I will await your reply, and convey this reply to the other people in our Group.

Thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter.