View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 02:54 PM
JohnF (John)

Hi, Alex.

I advertised on Gumtree, saying that I did need eyepieces for an “Astronomy in the Bible” outreach. I have just received some interesting Eyepieces, from one man.

1. “Celestron 2X power doubling lens” [barlow ??]

2. Plossl 25mm Multi-Coated.

3. Possl 20mm Fully Coated “Sirius” brand.

4. Super Possl 12.5 mm Multi-Coated “Australian Geographic” [barrel appears to be carbon fibre. It is not metal lik the others.]

5. Possl 10mm Multi-Coated

6. Post 6.3mm Multi-Coated

7. Possl 4mm Fully-Coated

This is a great gift. When I arrived home, could see the pointers to the cross in the sky above the trees, so got that Celestron 70LT that cost me only $2 at the tip shop [currently on a very shaky camera Tripod], in order to go up to the gate for better views, so I could tryout these lenses. But in that short time, ˝ an hour at a guess, it had severely clouded over, so have not had a look yet.

Know that Alpha Centuri is a Double Star that I had seen in my Tasco 76mm back in the 1970s [swapped that Tasco in the 1970s for a motor drive for my OM1 SLR – wish I had not but did swap], so was going to look at Alpha Centuri as well as looking at the Jewel Box in Crux [Southern Cross] in order to check out those lenses.

Mirror has been taken out of the 10 inch Newtonian, and still have to make it base, so that I cannot us that as yet.