View Single Post
Old 23-07-2019, 12:48 AM
nickbtx (Nick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
My Flattener is the 3" version which is supposed to work with larger sensors. Not planning on sending mine back. I am sure it works but need to sort distances etc. I am now told by TS that a figure between 106 and 109mm will work.

I realize this is an old thread, but in event someone is searching on the subject and comes across this topic, like I did, I thought I'd provide a little additional information.

I recently added a TSRCFlat3 to my 12"RC (Orion Telescope - US) to hopefully correct the astigmatism I was seeing on my KAI-11002 sensor. According to manufacturer, Telekop Service, the recommended working distance from the female thread is 89.5mm +/-2mm so I had an adapter made that put it at exactly 89.5mm. I still have a little tweaking to do, but so far I'm quite pleased with the results.

I'm not sure if TS redesigned the flattener at some point in the last few years or if they reevaluated the optics and changed the recommended distance. Regardless, if you try one of the current run of TSRCFlat3 flatteners, I would highly recommend you shoot for the 89.5mm.

Clear skies,
Nick