View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 07:40 AM
nebulosity. (Jo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logieberra View Post
Jo

See if you can borrow a mate's dedicated CCD as well as have a play with an SLR, and I think you'll find what suits your style best. I really enjoyed the cooling and software integration side of the QHY. Programs like TheSkyX can control SLRs well, but hearing that shutter click all night long reminds me that it's not the best tool for the job.
Unfortunately I don't know of any astronomy minded people out here where I live, (Cecil Plains) and there aren't any any star parties out here (besides what I host for the neighbors ) so the only equipment I've seen or used is what I've built myself. Have heard that sometimes people come out to Leyburn which is only about an hour away from me so it would cool to see if I could meet up with them sometime.

Quote:
See what other imagers have to say... as I don't take award winning images, and they speak from more experience e.g. P. Hart, M. Salway and G. Bradley - all of whom really know their way around an SLR for astro.
Thanks for the names, Greg has been very helpful to me in the past with great advice on image processing and good lenses for wide fields. Would love to hear what they have to say.

Cheers
Jo