View Single Post
Old 31-01-2014, 12:36 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Paul,

When you are computing the data I assume you are connected to the MX. But, in the morning when I presume you took the screen shots I'm guessing you are not connected and the software has defaulted to the ME setting. Maybe that is why you are seeing a difference.

It's pretty hard to read the graph because the spike(s) seems to have increased the y scale so much that all the rest of your data is compressed. To me it looks like the spikes maybe came just from one of the cycles and the rest look normal. Is that right? Maybe some wind? Or maybe you have some crud on the ring gear that started to take effect in one of the cycles. I say ring gear not worm because if latter I think you would see the spikes all the time, no?

How would you rate the seeing when you collected your data? I think it needs to be pretty good! And what about your exposure time? I've seen some comments saying shorter is better. Most of my good results with PEMpro came from quite steady seeing after midnight and short exposures (.5 to 1 sec), 5 cycles. Ray of PEMpro actually said that taking too many cycles can actually cause a worse result.....something along the lines of any more than 4-5 cycles can confuse the algorythym. Something to ponder. Personally I think you should be seeing results of 1 arc-sec or better.

Peter