View Single Post
Old 30-01-2014, 01:21 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Paul,

Re the phase issue. I started what became a huge thread at Software Bisque about this issue. After numerous attempts by many to get PEC to work in the S.H. Phil (in Canberra) and I were able to prove to S.B. that there really was a problem. Phil ran numerous experiments on his MX. It turned out that his uncorrected PE curve was very symmetrical with respect to the mid point of the worm cycle. What he did was to initiate collection of data but starting at different points in the worm cycle. What he noticed was that if he started at the mid point he could achieve a PE correction when applied by TSX, but only at the mid point. We were discussing this by phone and I suddenly realized that this could be explained if the software was reading the worm phase backwards. Clearly in the S.H. the worm turns in the reverse direction compared to the N.H. Now, whether my theory is correct or not is not known. The other "evidence" was that I could get a good correction using PEMpro. So, it made sense to compare the correction curve in the Bisque TCS from PEMpro to the curve generated from the same data generated by TSX. The curves were very similar but completely out of phase with respect to each other. In other words I could slide the two curves in photoshop over each other but the high and low points of the curves would not align unless one of the curves was moved along the x axis considerably. S.B. finally put up a fix in the daily build but there have been few if any confirmations as to whether the fix works or not. I was so tired of trying to get TSX to work for PE that after I tried PEMpro I just gave up. When I get my mount back perhaps I will test it.

By the way, PEMpro has a very generous trial period (I think 30 days or more) so you've got nothing to lose about trying it. If you have a camera that runs in CCDSoft it's quite easy!

Peter

PS I'm thinking your PA is probably fine. I'd just leave it if your model is that good!