View Single Post
Old 29-01-2014, 06:25 AM
PRejto (Peter)

Paul,

Saw your post at SB. Re the graph you posted there, is that graph raw PE data or a graph of "corrected" PE? As Frolinmod pointed out, and I missed it when I read your first post here (possibly semantic misinterpretation) did you really have over 14 arc-sec Peak to peak before correction? I'm not sure that is what you meant but what you wrote could certainly be read that way! If so that is a huge error. The bottom line, however, is that corrected 3.5 arc-sec is just not good enough. If you have achieved good PE measurements and the correction is applied properly you should be able to do much better. There was absolutely some sort of Southern Hemisphere phase issue with TSX properly applying PE corrections (but, only in the Southern Hemisphere). This was supposed to have been fixed months ago but I have yet to read reports confirming that it now works OK. I've been content to continue using PEMpro because it works and I've been lazy (and distracted by other issues). Perhaps another TSX user in the S.H. will confirm if they have had success with PEC/TSX.

Peter