View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 06:05 PM
pberrett

Help with telescope resolution (Telescope Showdown)

Hi everyone
I am looking to get a telescope soon for the first time and I have been reading up on types, theory, cost ect etc etc
Unfortunately none of the online resources can really answer my question about how different telescopes compare when looking at the same object.

Ideally I'd like to nominate a couple of similar objects and have a range of people with a range of different telescopes of different apertures and types post their pictures here for comparison. I would be very grateful for your participation. If you have a goto mount this should not take you very long to do.

The two objects I am nominating are

1. 2009 BH205 and
2. (364601) 2007 RL206

It will be interesting to see what the minimum aperture is required to see these objects. If you can point out or mark the object examined that would also be a big help.

If you are really brave and have a few extra moments you might also post a picture of 121813 2000 AW226 but that might be a bit too challenging.

If you can snap one of these please show the object with a few stars nearby, the telescope you used, and also specify the degree of light pollution in your area.

I suspect that a minimum 6" aperture will be required for this exercise but you never know.

Thanks for your help
Peter

Last edited by pberrett; 02-09-2020 at 07:06 PM.