View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Park123 (Stu)

Hi All
Yes Gemini confirmed a type Ia event last night .I have been told that a lot more observations will be made because it is before max light.
I took some images with GRAS last night as it is cloudy here and will post the results soon

The Progenitor for this SN will also be looked for as the HST took detailed imagery of this galaxy when the last supernova took place in 2007.So more interesting observations will come for this SN.

Yes Colin did a great job here thanks to him. Also fantastic to work with all of the guys in the group everybody does their part.

Thanks must go to my wife Lynn who supports my Supernova search programme. Contrary to popular belief (I actually do have a life outside astronomy) I have a 7 day a week job which we are currently very busy at so the time she gives me to blink all those images and the hours and hours I spend at the scope really makes the difference between success and failure and to put up with me when I have very little sleep most nights 3-4 hours if it clear so as you would imagine it is key to have that support.

Last edited by Park123; 06-12-2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: spelling