View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 02:50 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have never fought a fire with water..this will be a first..mostly I use a sheoak branch. It's like a military battle you attack the flanks only and only attack the weak points...folk attack the spots that are burning fiercely I say let them burn and attack when it dies down...and you just nibble away.

Haven't fixed the house pump ..it looks fine I think they just may not have primed the pump properly...anyways my workers quit and refuse to do any more work until tomorrow...still no news re the old place but looking at the map there is a chance it may have missed me but I am crashing at straws maybe.

Alex

News flash ..I let a lady live there or visit there and she says via my daughter that the house is still there.. and she and some bloke are trying to head off the fire. This is second hand news but the fire apparently did pass the house earlier but is now coming back to the house due to a wind change..she ducked up to save her dog it seems..I would go and help her but she is not talking to me...plus she would not take my orders...so what do you do...If it burns it burns if it doesn't well I have been worrying about nothing.

So now back to the van..I found an extention pipe that should bring the fire fighting hose into striking distance of the whole perimeter..so another great day sent to build ones character. My brother in laws house is under threat but it was so only months ago so when the fire gets close it won't have much fuel so he should be ok..

Going to grab a nap and back into it.
Alex

Last edited by RB; 08-10-2019 at 09:06 PM.