View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 01:49 PM
DougAdams
Lord Lissie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NQLD_Newby View Post
Congrats doug. It's great to read about the encounters of others on here as it gives you new ideas of things to look at and try and find.

I love the fact that you have a log book. I kind of started doing one, but haven't quite got the dinamics of it all down pat yet. Holding a book and pencil in one hand and keeping the object you are viewing in the filed of view is sometimes very challenging. Trial and error will prevail and sooner or later it will all come together.

P.S. I noticed your Gluten free comment in your signature. I too am a ceoliac. Lucky for both of us that Stars are in fact gluten free .

Edit: Maybe there is an echo in here????
We coeliacs are a growing army - I'm seven years in

I'm still trying to get the ergonomics all sorted out so it's easy, because if it's not easy, I can't be bothered (sad, but it's a fact). I start with a list of objects I want to find on a sheet of paper. My "logbook" is really a notebook and bullet pen, so I can jot notes at the eyepiece. If I feel like sketching, I'll take a clipboard outside too. That, along with the Pocket Sky Atlas and a headlamp, seems to work for me. I write it up when I get inside.