View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 07:56 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

LRGBHa imaging issues

Attached are two of my first LHaGB and HaRGB image rough mixes from DSS , Nebulosity and PI with a few mechanical and exposure issues, besides suffering from only 15x 2min subs for each filter.

One issue is that at 2min in RGB the background seems to vary widely from filter to filter and night to night and so each would require a different exposure. All at 139 gain, 10 brightness on ASI 1600mm uncooled through an FS102 , f5.9 reducer.

One other is major camera tilt so that the upper left of the image has elongated stars in a different orientation to the lower right . I suppose it is all those additional thread connections with OAG and Wheel. A little hard to take out in lense adjustment . I am waiting on a new adapter to improve reducer distance but an even distortion would be better..

I am wondering how to fix the tilt problem as I have no room for any other adjuster. Not keen on replacing the dovetail celestron OAG with a Zwo oag if it can not be a better tilt proposition. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (lobster Hagbs.jpg)
188.5 KB91 views
Click for full-size image (lobster LHagbs.jpg)
189.9 KB122 views