View Single Post
Old 25-01-2024, 04:54 PM
floyd_2 (Dean)

Great shots Doug. It's a fun little scope isn't it? My Seestar lens cap, 2" filter holder, flocked dew shield, bahtinov mask etc kit arrived from Oak Astro in the UK. It came within about a week which was pretty good.

The filter holder is threaded for 2" filters. I didn't trust using threaded plastic for any length of time so I added a spare 3mm M48 spacer to it permanently so my filters have a decent metal thread to screw into. Hopefully the slight drop in aperture isn't going to be noticeable.

The Oak Astro kit is quite a well considered setup as it allows you to optionally use a filter, light / dew shield and bahtinov mask concurrently rather than one at a time. I'm not sure about the mask as the auto focus mostly seems to be spot on for me. I guess I'll be able to see if it's REALLY spot on now

It's been cloudy since this little kit arrived, so I'm keen to finally see how I go being able to block off-axis light. I'm also keen to give my Antlia Triband filter a go under my B6 skies to see if it makes a worthwhile difference.

I've already disabled the Auto-Power Off function in Advanced Settings on the Seestar to make sure that it never self-destructs by powering off with an attachment on the front.