Thread: Mount Purchase
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 01:43 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Given IIS's TOS, I am reluctant to comment on commercial matters....however....let's see how it goes.

Unfortunately your timing is a little late. Orders for AP's 2021 1100GTO run have closed and the allocation for Australia/ATS has already been filled.

FYI Australia is allocated only 2-3 mounts out of each run, and they are usually spoken for long before production is complete.
The up-side of ordering locally is you can often get a mount before you would have with AP's rather infamous "notification list".

Same goes for the Mach2 run (shipping now).
I have personally ordered a Mach2 which I expect will perform superbly, and will likely give test report on when it shows up sometime in May.

A word on pricing. Paying "double" by ordering through a local dealer, rather than say from the manufacturer, is simply false when it comes to AP.

ATS charges exactly the same as AP's web pricing, (converted to $A)
plus shipping to Oz, customs entry and GST....in fact sometimes cheaper as we can consolidate shipping costs.

Lastly, the reason AP mounts and optics are so in demand is their manufacturing quality and performance is exceptional.
Small production runs and stringent QC limits the amount of product they churn out, hence due high demand, wait times can be long.