Thread: More sparkles
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Decimus (Richard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Ta Marc...the plan is to go wider...just waiting on an adapter from Precise Parts

I wasn't that impressed with the sensitivity in the deep well mode...in any event the core is easily fixed by a couple of shorter subs. I still find it weird users can vary the gain/offset. But agree experimentation is worth while.

Ta M&T. The FSQ106 works well with this sensor...which samples the scene beautifully. That said, I'll eventually move the camera up the aperture totem pole once I better understand the value in its various readout modes.

Thanks Richard. As you may have guessed (but I did mention this on the web page) I used a Takahashi FSQ106 EDXIII As for those glittering prizes...I've shamelessly listed a few of them here along with some other shenanigans.
I had a good look at those images and awards. Amazing stuff, Peter. I vividly recall too, your image of M42 (also published in the calendar) -the Hi-res version on your ATS site was mind-blowing and certainly the best image of the Orion Nebula I have ever seen anywhere. Fantastic work.
The outlook from your observatory (not to mention the equipment within) is magnificent. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Richard