Thread: More sparkles
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2020, 07:01 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Huge fov. Cool.
Ta Marc...the plan is to go wider...just waiting on an adapter from Precise Parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I think you are going to have to experiment with the different modes and gain/offset. One thread I read suggested to do a 0 second bias and adjust the offset until you get 1000adu.

The extended full well mode might be best for something like 47 Tuc with its super bright core.

For what it is worth that fine noise grain seems very much like what I see on my Sony A7riii which has a similar architecture sensor (BSI 42.4mp).

Greg.
I wasn't that impressed with the sensitivity in the deep well mode...in any event the core is easily fixed by a couple of shorter subs. I still find it weird users can vary the gain/offset. But agree experimentation is worth while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
Many, many sparkles Peter. The wide field is wonderful. The two outlying globulars look so meek and mild compared with the Big One.
Ta M&T. The FSQ106 works well with this sensor...which samples the scene beautifully. That said, I'll eventually move the camera up the aperture totem pole once I better understand the value in its various readout modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimus View Post
Holy Guacamole, Peter. This is a mind-bogglinlgy spectacular image of 47 Tuc. The crisp fine, detail and contrast are standouts and any perception of noise is completely subordinate to the stunning beauty of this vista. The best image of 47 Tuc I have seen anywhere. Simply wonderful! Can I ask which scope you used for this? The Tak?

By the way, your fantastic Nebula award winning image of NGC 3576 has set admiring tongues wagging down here in Tassie. Of course, you should be called peter AWARD, lol. It's a joy to behold such incredible deep sky imagery.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard. As you may have guessed (but I did mention this on the web page) I used a Takahashi FSQ106 EDXIII As for those glittering prizes...I've shamelessly listed a few of them here along with some other shenanigans.