View Single Post
Old 15-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Rac (Raymond)

Why are you the only who can't see through the different knife edge positions?
The Ronchi pic shows exactly what you would expect from the foucault image. I took the pic with it just grazing the knife edge so the whole surface could be seen.

I don't know where you are coming from? looking at the before and "after" Ronchi pic are you saying you would like to own the before mirror and you would call that ok and you would want to pay about $1500nz for it. Or are you saying I somehow made the lines all wonky myself?

I have had very good support from many other mirror makers who can see the faults for what they are, changing the knife edge position does not change the problems!

I can VERY easily put faith in my after Figure xp numbers because the shadows now work their way across the mirror VERY smoothly as they should. As you can tell by the before Ronchi pic there is now way the shadows would move out as they should, the last about75-95% of the mirror just about nulled out as the foucault image shows very clearly.

Take a trip back to only the Ronchi image for a second - that image is not an image of a good mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would that look like in an autocollimation test as Royce says he uses where errors are doubled?

I bet most of his mirrors are great but not this one.