View Single Post
Old 21-04-2013, 09:35 PM
rodroger (Rodney)
Rod Burgess

Thanks for the comments
No this is the full frame image, and I agree as being a bit overzealous with the shapening but I was impressed at my result.
The tutorials I purchased on the net on Image processing astro photos have been well worth the money...............
My DSI is customed cooled by ice water using 5mm clear hose threaded thru the heat sink fins and leading to a esky, powered by a 12v pump, works well for the warmer nights but I have to watch the dew point to avoid fogging of the lens, I also have placed a large CPU fan on the back as well instead of a Meade one, this helps control the temp a bit better when the camera nears the dew point and helps to keep it above the dew point temp.
I also have been getting some impressive results with the use of a light pollution filter (a Seben UHC filter) if the conditions are good and gives better contrast and I usualy don't have to use flat fields to calibrate the image, but I will take 900sec exposures instead of 600sec to make up for the loss of photon capture with the filter implace. The M83 shot was not not flat field calibrated but probaly should have done this to increase some of the features and contrast as well

Last edited by rodroger; 21-04-2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling