View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 02:53 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross G View Post
Nice looking shot Marc.

You've captured some nice colours.

I used to hate that water tower, but it seems to add a nice interest to the foreground in wide angle shots.

Ross.
Thanks Ross. Yeah if you set up next to the shed it will be in your line of sight east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorW View Post
Nice shot Marc although these widefield shots are really not my scene I did stick the Pentax K100s with a 300mm lenses on the mount and took some shots last night. What do you do about focus and how long should the subs be etc
300mm is the sweet spot. You should try 5min subs guided to start with see if you get any reflections. I use a UV/IR cut at the back of the lens (just before CCD) and a Fringe Killer before the lens. I focus with a small bathinov mask or in Nebulosity 2 with the fine focus routine and check the numbers. Also stick the lens in a sock. You will likely not need any heat. The camera radiates heat through the lens and will kepp it warm unles you point straight up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Looks great Marc, nice work...looking forward to seeing that skyline again on the weekend...here's hoping anyway

Mike
Thanks Mike. Will see you on the day. Forecast is not looking too hot but one never knows. Fingers crossed.