Thread: Qhy9
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Gama

As some have said, when the first QHY-9's were released late last year, there was some issues with minor things, like stray light from the L.E.D's leaking inside during Darks, etc.. But as with anyhing new regardless what, the first versions will always have minor bugs or improvements needed.
I held bringing in any new models until i felt i was confidant enough most of the big events are taken care off.
If you recall, the same was for the QHY-8, people said it was unreliable, too many problems etc. Now its one of the most used and sort after cameras. Theres not many that come up for resale, and when they do, there snapped up.
The biggest issue with the QHY-9 was that users applied too much power to the camera (15V, 18V etc instead of 12), and damaged the shutter assembly board. The newer design prevented users errors, and at the same time improved the features of the camera. Best of all, every camera was refitted with the newer designed shutter board at no cost.
Of course, there is times when an individual has an issue with his camera, but that doesnt mean eveyone has the same fault. This is on parr with other manufacturers models too, as there are many big name manufacturers cameras failing in the field too.

But in a nutshell, electronically, there is absolutely no problems.
The only issues currently being investigated, is trying to get the camera to work in High humidity, like >90%. At these levels, anything will start to fog up, its like a turkish steam bath almost .
Anyway, if you need any further information, let me know by email.

Theo.