View Single Post
Old 23-05-2008, 02:29 PM
netwolf

Rob, I concur with Mike, you need to test your serial cable and USB to serial adapter with a Planetarium software first to see if you are in fact communicating with the mount. Where did you get this Serial cable to connect to your Autorstar from? Is it the right cable for the Autostar to connect to your PC? Some people have reported issues with certain usb to serial converters so that might be the next thing to check. If you dont have a planetarium software try CDC this is a freeware skychart software and i think it would be able to help you check if your laptop is communicating with the mount.

The Fact that the N-S-E-W buttons have not effect tells me that there is a communication error. These should let you slew the mount. In a Sky chart/Planetarium application you will have similar control to slew to objects.

Also in your setup A GPUSB would not help because you dont have a guide port to connect that to. Unless you can find a used Meade APM #909 module, which will add a guide port to your mount.

Regards
Fahim