View Single Post
Old 20-02-2008, 04:55 PM
EzyStyles (Eric)
I HATE COMA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotonCollector View Post
Yes i was also wondering why you are doing these comparisons between DSLRs and CCD Cameras ?

What are you trying to prove ?

Peter if you are only trying to highlight that a $10,000 purpose built astronomical CCD camera returns better images than an off the shelf $1,200 Digital SLR camera built for everyday photography, then I think most of us already know that the CCD camera is likely to produce "better" images.

The reality is (IMHO) that not everyone wants too or can afford to spend that much money and so as an alternative we can use something almost 10x cheaper - a DSLR.

Peter if I didn't know better I would think you are a CCD Camera Dealer and what you are doing here on IIS is sales work ?

regards
Paul
Totally agree with you Paul.

Hey one thing straight, a dedicated CCD image can never take daylight photography so us DSLR guys have best of both worlds for 1/10th of the price too.

I must admit, I would love to get my hands on an SBIG, but price vs quality, i can't justify spending 8-10k for a few pretty pictures. not sure how many astro images you have taken peter with your SBIG lets say 10 pretty pictures, thats equivalant to $1,000k for 1 pretty pic!!!! i personally cannot justify that.