View Single Post
Old 14-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Sunfish (Ray)

As Martin says, download DSS and import your images as raw files. Make sure DSS recognises your raw files as those from your camera.

Stack them in DSS with default settings and then save without modifications although you can slide the adjustments so you can see how it looks first in case there are bad files included. Inspect each sub first to make sure you do not include any with any movement..

If you are using PS you can save as a 16bit tif and then use exposure , contrast saturation and black settings in LR or PS.

If you are using astro tools such as Startools or Astropixel Processor and so on save the field as fits files without modification. It is better to to get the settings for background colour alignment and auto adaptive combination right in DSS if you can and the white balance in the camera should be fixed on daylight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
How do you stretch the image though, if you have a tiny gap on the left?
I guess this is where I have to learn processing for astro.

My camera is a 5D Mark IV.

Very helpful, thank you!

Hi Andrew. Terrific post, thank you very much for that. I have trouble stretching the histogram in PS with Levels because it's so close to the left, but I'll try Star Tools soon, see if that can help.

Thanks again!
Adam