View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 07:43 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Leon..thanks my friend... I do hope someone gets a kick out of them and take encouragement that if an old mug like me can get a result swiming in ignorance and suffering that must tell them they could do better.

What I do hope that folk notice is my images are unguided using only 60 second exposures...which means that it is pretty easy....but that 115 TS refractor really is worth it's weight in gold...nice optics and an unbelievable focuser ... why anyone would wish to replace it's focuser with one of those fancy ones I don't know...

The image lost so much downsizing for here...on my big monitor it really looks very detailed and I was very happy given no dark high gain etc ... I did two images one to capture an unblown out core which really showed great detail..I used the rubber and layering tools in photoshop to get the best of each image after I ran them thru StarTools...another great product..fantastic how it takes these high gain images and fixes them..some were 450..yes 450!!!!...six hours I think but more if you include the subs specifically to get the core.
If only I could get the observatory finished..the pier molding particularly and get serious..I know enough now to put it all together given the time..but always so busy I can't throw all I have at it yet.
Alex