Thread: PHD guiding
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 10:05 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I am starting to think seeing may have been the problem. I went out last night and realistically assessed the conditions which were the same as my night of problems and noticed the Moon had a huge sphere around it due to moisture in the air.
Things are not going well...I stacked all my NGC 6188 data via DSS and used 3 X drizzle took three days all up and now Startools won't load the 1.6 gig files...so started again with no drizzle..now DSS has been registering since 9 pm last night and says it won't finish up ntil around 1 pm...and that is just registering...axe time.
Good news my new ( second hand) large roll off roof observatory is on its way ...the one I built recently is just a little to small and the new one is 3.8 never square. Also I have abandoned getting another scope for the present and think I will just get the eight inch working the way I expect it to...which .Dan's a decent focuser or some sort of fix for the current one. Probably get a new eq6 or larger a d a second camera...that's still a lot of stuff.
One day I hope to get the his final dragon image complete...just from DSS the HA image ( maybe five or six hours) looked rather decent.
And after it that hopefully will be the end of my unguided times and down to correct gain settings, darks and flats.