Thread: Buz Aldrin....
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2019, 04:47 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well I think that someone of such fame perhaps should offer a better example of how to behave.

The popular religion of USA is Christianity which above all calls for a man to love his fellow man which I suspect means to extend respect to others who may have a different opinion and even those folk you may find annoying I think are included in the call to love your fellow man.

If he is a Christian he is also a hypocrite.

Also there is a direction to "turn the other cheek" which certainly suggests that even if provocked one should let it pass.

And irrespective of your beliefs in the teachings I find his action disturbing if for no other reason than he is a hero and a roll model to millions of children..so what are you going to say to Johnny when he punches another kid because he was being annoying.

Or I have a chap who is 1000 times more annoying ..do I have licence to kill him or should I use the legal system to seek a restraining order or injunction...

Nevertheless what is perhaps worse than his action is the typical predictable response to his deplorable behaviour with everyone passing judgement with out knowing the facts not that one should be passing judgement but perhaps it is the person throwing a strike who should be judged.... Old age or hero status demands more of us not less.

For those that disagree with me please in your response describe to me how you will talk about this event with your grandchildren and how it is ok to strike someone who is merely annoying.

Alex