View Single Post
Old 13-02-2010, 10:42 PM
pgc hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave47tuc View Post
That's funny I like your description

Not to over run your thread Paul

Sab what are you using these days for reporting your observations? You still sketch? or are you making quick field notes then writing more details later?
Just the old school pen and paper. I jot down some notes including brightness, size, magnification, any details seen and then polish em up later.

Quote:
Also Star Atlas's, with out the Argo Navis I still like using the old Uranometria. Your still using Millennium Atlas?
SA 2000 ?
I use the MSA. Some times I print off charts from CDC and DSS images. I also have Skyatlas 2000, but don't use it much except perhaps when I'm hunting brighter objects or general milky way sweeping with the smaller scopes. I also have the H-B atlas which seems to plot a whole swag of more obscure/lesser known DSOs and also the close up maps come in handy, but I really, really hate the way they represent nebulae in the H-B atlas, with simply a square regardless of size, which makes it impossible to use field stars for reference when hunting large, faint nebs as you are left unsure of its actual boundaries etc.