View Single Post
Old 17-10-2006, 09:03 PM
earthlight (Anne-Louise)

Thanks for the comments and links Terry. They have some great looking shots. If I have half the opportunity to take shots like that I'll be a happy woman. It was interesting in the links that the 75-300 lens is optically the same as the other USM and IS models. IS gives the photo a better chance to be sharp, but I'm sure I'll do ok without it.
We've put in out order today for the twin lens kit. Tony's Union Shopper found it for $13??? something, about $80 cheaper and with 5 not 3 year warranty.

It would be great to get different lens. I have an old Zeiss 12mm eyepiece that is just beautiful, so I understand the lure of quality. I KNOW I would love the clarity. I know everyone is saying DO IT but I have to be realistic. We've found termites again so we really need to get that sorted out. I don't want them to eat the new deck.

Now, I believe not all great photos come from top equipment. Sure it's more likely, but there are hundreds on the net, which are often just as good if not better because the Moment was just right. I believe it is 30% is skill, 10% equipment and 60% luck.

And I'm hoping for lots of luck right now.