View Single Post
Old 15-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Garbz (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiphart View Post
The downside to doing this is that you start to see your own images a fair (/little) bit differently to the rest of the world viewing them in sRGB colour space on sRGB enabled hardware. But if you don't do this, then there's not a lot of value in working in Adobe RGB in Photoshop anyway.. except I guess that your colour management enabled local or online printer can do a little more with them etc.
The rest of the world should. Yes sRGB is the default profile of the web but every browser on the market now extracts the embedded profiles from images for display. They should see the same image as you to the point where their hardware gives up and then the colours will lock at the nearest saturated value. Let them retard their hardware, don't retard yours to appease them

Quote:
So I have successfully changed the Dell monitor to the factory calibrated Adobe RGB.
A far better approach would be to put your monitor into a native setting if it has one and then download the correct colour profile for it. Having wide gamut monitors retard their performance to match the working space of an image defeats the purpose of colour management.

The only profile your monitor should have is the one the manufacturer gave you or the one you've generated through the use of a calibration device.

Quote:
There is mention online of the command line switch "--enable-monitor-profile" for Chrome which apparently worked in some earlier versions of Chrome but is not effective for me now (Chrome 27).
Yep sucks doesn't it. You need to Firefox.