View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 11:40 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Thanks all for your experience and advice, well received

I'm going to get started with BYEOS shortly

Its going to be so much easier setting up and taking exposures and reviewing your work from a 15" screen in lieu of a very small LCD monitor

Less time around the mount during the evening ( I have accidently bumped into the tripod legs on a few occasions, cursing and swearing when the alignment is out )

No more bending, squatting and hopping up on a step when the telescope ends up in various positions

I'm always rotating the camera to have the LCD display squared up when I'm on live view

I had a brief look at BYEOS and it has so many ancillary features

I already have my Laptop and I will eventually progress with auto guiding (PHD2) and telescope control ( Stellarium scope or similar ) in the future.

Thanks all again !!
Good move, and yes it has lots of ancillary features that give s you more information and learning. I used mine for about 3-4 years until I felt it was time to move on and up, and finances improved as well of course.

It's still all there on the PC and I may jump back to it now and again for some targets and projects. Just have to make sure I keep the camera battery alive and well.

Keep us posted of course, there will be plenty of help from all here.