View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 06:02 PM
rogerg (Roger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
CCDstack will also do adaptive darks so if you have a bias frame then it will adjust each frame to a weight. You can see it doing that in the dialogue box.

The other way is simply process all the 300's to a master. Then process all the 180s to a master. Then combine the 2 with the various combine methods and pick the one you like the best.

Greg.
Darks - no problem, I haven't considered reduction in this thread because for the purposes of my stacking I'm considering that my images are perfectly reduced. In reality I perform reduction in Maxim before going to CCDStack at the moment.

So, when it comes to stacking I'm starting with 180s L reduced/calibrated frames and 300s L reduced/calibrated frames.

I agree all the 300's and all the 180's could be combined to two master files.

My real question lies in your simplistically put "combine the 2 with various combine methods" What I'm asking is what combine method I should use to give appropriate weighting. I think I have the answer ... weighted-sum in CCDStack, which might or might not be different to PixInsight's method Rick has mentioned