View Single Post
Old 18-01-2020, 07:43 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Alex, I assume your van roof water catchment system worked? Are the tanks full?
Yes but I still have a larger tank to connect. At the moment it only goes to a small tank.but I am set up..the whole thing works rather well considering I have only been at it for six..seven months..when fully set up it will be way past anything I need...but having plenty of water is a good thing.

We sell water it's great and you don't have to do a thing...water is the key to all else.

The main house is well supplied and the house dam full..all is good.

There is some soil erosion above the house dam (another dam past my van dam) and yet another dam would prevent erosion and be a good place to start a fish farm. I am looking into what one can do...seems a mega liter dam needs no forms etc..
I have been preoccupied with fish farming recently..it has many advantages..I have a system of no feed and generally no overhead which shows a higher profit than cattle.or other fish farming..so I may go ahead...not much capital needed..the cost of the dam plus about a grand to set up the dam..solar pumps, night lights etc (feed hopefully from the insects drawn in by night lights and plants that fish eat..no one thinks of that it seems..I had a thing going at the other place and know a fair bit about it although I have not gone commercial. But I understand fish and yabbies probably better than most folk..
I have grown yabbies and fish and think I can set up a profitable system that requires no overhead..and no overhead means only profit and no pressure to sell in a down market...that is key in farming ..if you can hold on past harvest you clean up.
Fish farming is interesting but I am attracted as it could be fun and profitable.
Alex