View Single Post
Old 24-07-2019, 06:39 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian nordstrom View Post
Hi all , just thought I would show off my latest refractor , its a Saxon ED100 that I got here for just over $300 .

It was missing a Focuser , Rings and diagonal but never to worry as i have all these parts in my box of bits so here it is completed sitting on the Mizar mount all on a Celestron 2 inch s/s tripod .

Looks rather handsome don't you think ? and its very solid , but it's raining here so unless it clears up I won't be testing it tonight , yep the new scope curse is alive and kicking around here .

Another thing is that the lens in this Saxon has blueish/purpleish coatings , a lot like the EMC coatings on my iStar 127mm and every site I have visited on the ED100's ( and there are 1000's ) shows the typical ' China Green ' coatings so I wonder why this Sazon seems to have coatings a step or 2 above the SW and Orion ED100's ? , comments welcome .

The tube and dew shield is also flocked , a nice bonus .

Brian.
Looks nice Brian You have also a BIG CPC 925 /C9 AND large refractor like me ..A Great Combo I find..

I'm now in the hunt for A lil Tak 78 to mount on top of my CPC 925 for when the seeing is bad.
bigjoe

Last edited by bigjoe; 24-07-2019 at 06:51 PM.