View Single Post
Old 13-01-2018, 09:20 PM
I.C.D (Ian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLJ View Post
Hi Ian

I don't have an immediate answer for you but maybe the rest of this might help? I assume that you are having a problem in setting up the wi-fi connection between your PC and your Adapter. The attached images are some screen grabs of relevant stages when I use my laptop to control the mount using the SynScan App and also one other bit of software.
  1. Make sure that you have plugged the Adapter directly into the mount and not into the hand controller. The hand controller plays no part.
  2. When you switch on the mount make sure that the little yellow light on the Adapter is lit. This will let you know that the Adapter's wi-fi is broadcasting.
  3. On your PC make sure that you have downloaded and installed SynScan App Pro for Windows - you can get the download link here : http://skywatcher.com/download/software/synscan-app/
  4. Also download and install the relevant ASCOM driver whch you can get from : http://www.skywatcher.com/download/s.../ascom-driver/ .
  5. On your PC find the list of available wi-fi connections. You should find that they include the Adapter's address “SynScan_WiFi_xxxx” where xxxx is a number particular to your Adapter. (Image 1) .
  6. Select that SynScan address. (Images 2 and 3).
  7. Open SynScan App Pro on your PC and find the Connect button. (Image 4).
  8. Click the Connect button and note that it is replaced by your mount's identity. (Image 5). You can now use the app to control the mount.
  9. Open another program on your PC and direct its telescope control towards an ASCOM supported telescope. (Image 6). This opens the ASCOM Telescope Chooser window.
  10. Choose SynScanMobile Telescope (Image 7) and set its properties if needed.
  11. Using that ASCOM selection, connect the program to the App / Adapter. (Image 8 shows that the program now displays the mount's RA and Dec coordinates.) The program can now be used to control the mount in tandem with the app.
He David got every thing up and working just waiting for the right night