View Single Post
Old 24-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Paul Haese

Which program to run imaging automation????

Ok I have focusmax working aside from a few side issues, but now it is time to pick which automation program to buy.

ACP looks good but has a big price tag. CCD autopilot looks good too but I heard it can issues with reacquiring the guide star especially doing a meridian flip. However price looks great and has heaps of features.

CCD commander I know nothing about at all but I think is a contender.

Now could you recommend which one would work best with the following limitations or inclusions:
  1. Maybe only dial up internet for sending commands, data will be stored on large drive and I will pick the data on a regular basis when I drive down the house. For now though I will be setting up imaging when I drive down and going to bed at a regular time like all people and letting the scope collect the data while I sleep.
  2. Can I use internet with the program you recommend? Can it operate without using internet?
  3. Is automation complete with the program you recommend and are you currently using it in total capacity, if not in what capacity?
  4. What problems have you encountered with any automation software? Do these hurdles make you wish you bought something else?
  5. What made you decide on the software you chose?
  6. Can you run mount hub pro with the automation software and do you use their software in the automation command line?
  7. Is there any automation software I should consider aside from those listed?
I want to make the right purchase, so your help will be beneficial in the process.

Thanks for any help you guys can supply.