View Single Post
Old 19-03-2011, 06:35 PM
dmb

Thanks all for so many responses so quickly !

Yes it makes a nice L shape, with the cal times shown I get 30 pixels in the X direction and 15 in the Y consistently.

I started with aggressiveness of 6 in each, but the corrections were pretty wild, about 3 pixels at a time ! However now you've all got me thinking. I don't remember the exposure time I was using on the guidescope, but I think it may have been as high as 10 seconds. That may have allowed the guide star to drift too far to be corrected 'gently'. When I reduced the aggressiveness that seemed to calm things down but then over the course of the night I reduced the exposure to a final 2 seconds. Maybe with shorter exposure I should have gone back up to higher aggressiveness ?

The polar alignment I did was pretty basic, I'll spend a bit more time checking the drift next time. Could I use the graph to help, making the appropriate adjustments in RA/DEC with my wedge adjusters ?

FWIW I'm using a 10" Meade with SX guider/SXV-H9 camera, hence the camera relays mode - the guidecam plugs into the camera which sends ST4 to the mount. I'm using both through an off-axis guider, so FL 2032mm.