View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Hemi

Hey Alex,

No experience of black 3.0 or 2.0. (in fact im on the wait list for 3.0), I was just responding to the thread, where one post suggested that 2.0 was fragile and flaked. Would be very happy indeed if it is suitable for my application.

Regarding the epoxy that I used. I didn't sand down to bare metal everywhere, just at the corrosion areas, the spray says its a one stop solution, primer not required. The paint chap at Bunnings also said the same. I sprayed 2 coats 90mins apart (as instructed on the tin), let it dry for 24+ hours. And then examined it, where I found the fine dusting on light touch. I washed it, as the paint had a roughness that made a microfibre cloth cling and impossible to use.

In any case, a member on Cloudy suggested that I should wait as this paint can take a long time to dry thoroughly. I think he was correct, as the paint is not dusting off any more. Not sure if thats because I washed all the debris off, or just that it has dried completely.

Ive ordered the flocking material I posted about, it was fairly inexpensive (50USD inc shipping). But I think the paint has worked and the OTA is ready to put back together (GULP!!)

Cheers

Hemi