View Single Post
Old 22-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Paul Haese

Thanks guys for the comments and constructive critique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
I am amazed 50 odd people looked at this and didn't crack a mention.

A dammed fine Corona Paul....I probably would have processed it a little differently, but the data is just so solid and makes processing choices a quibble at best.

Nice one.
Thanks Peter, it is a very busy site now, which means not many have time to post just to look. It is also an area that has appeared here many times. So I was not too fussed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
As mentioned elsewhere, a wonderful image, with beautiful careful colour. Had a really good look this morning. The globular came out magnificently. We can find three galaxies.
Thanks Mike, I could count two. I will have to peruse some more myself. I really like a galaxy hunt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Lol As mentioned on FB I think this looks great Paul.

I think what Mike is referring to though, is just one of my standard compositional recommendations ie: try to avoid bright stars at the edges of the frame, as they can distract from the subject.
(In this case the partially seen blue one at the bottom is the culprit.)

Regardless, wonderful colours and as it continues to rain & cloud over during lockdown here in Melbourne I'm jealous as heck of your conditions!
This is a crop and reposition. The blue star was well in the field on the base frames but very very distracting. This has been eliminated down to give the least amount of impact from that star. Being adverse to removal of stars myself I just minimized the over whelming glare. I take your point though. I often compose to things to the astronomical norm except when a star is in the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
Nice image Paul!

Shame you lost the structural detail in IC 4812 though. Star glare? Those refl nebs do have some marvellous structure that's worth preserving / teasing out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Hmm?...yeah, Marcus is quite right, I thought the reflection neb area was lacking a bit of detail ...you must have it in your data, so I am sure you can have another crack and suck some more out

I recon your glob colour is probably more accurate than most, who tend to display it as kinda white (err?..including me )...although white is better than strong blue I guess?

Mike
Thanks guys. Quite right you are and I have not applied more sharpening to that area. Teasing a bit more out of the dust. It probably needs more integration to pick that faint dust out.

Mike, I was looking also to see if there are any blue stranglers but I could not get any to show. I am guessing this is because of the intervening gas and dust. I had previously shown that cluster as white too. I wonder if the extra colour frames helped with that colour.