View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Dove (Alan)
Alan D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morls View Post
t
Hello Stephen,

Pardon me if I comment on your question concerning the direction of the rotation of the planets.

That is an interesting topic we might engage in later. if we accept and follow the spiral law of planetary motion, so much is revealed that otherwise lies as a mystery or remains unresolved. For example the essence of natures spiral is change and all things or processes have a beginning and an end. Change is continuous in the solar system and is not chaotic it is a very orderly process' the main rule to follow in our planetary research is the spiral.

I will put it to you, the Sun is continuously changing our planet angle of obliquity as was being disscussed. If we rolled the orbits back by less than 90 degrees obliquity our planet would be orbiting the Sun in a clockwise direction the opposite to our present anticlockwise (prograde) direction. So you can understand that a planet's direction of orbit is not a fixed thing everything is subject to change. Planets have grown through the accretion process. All basic knowledge of our solar system.

There are some good sites to visit that have the records of the rotations and orbits all our main planets and their satellites. prograde and retrograde but there is order in this. But of course they are viewed as fixed entities. When you have done this and get the general picture we can have a chat on the subject on the planets of the Solar system from the spiral point of view.

I will take the liberty of making an assumptiion, that you entered into the league of astronomers and was told that if you want to learn about astronomy 'then we will assist you and teach you how use a telescope and study the cosmos.

I make this assumption on the basis of the format of introductions to astronomy are all based on that formula. Space is the place.

Now that is great, nothing wrong with that apart from the fact that the basics of the poor old Solar system are tending to get left behind, that there is not much more to learn down here.

There is a tendency for astronomical societies to induce newcomers to leap off into the deep end first I think.

Cheers. Alan D.