View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 12:09 PM
gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by barx1963 View Post
Just checking if anyone else has experienced an occurrence where the readout on the Argo simply freezes. After selecting an object it start to move towards it and realize that the numbers on the screen are not changing. If I then hit the exit button and re enter the object it displays the numbers but they have changed. If I select and object that I can find without the Argo (bright star for example) and then move to it, then exit and reenter it indicates that I am pointing at it. So it appears to be tracking OK just not updating the screen.

Any thoughts?
Hi Malcolm,

The behaviour you observed is so out of the ordinary that I don't have
an immediate answer.

In particular that you were still able to locate the target is peculiar.

By way of background, the unit employs a multitasking OS and it could be some other task or
interrupt abnormally continually pre-empting it and not allowing the task that updates the guide display
enough CPU time. If so, this is not normal.

Could you please drop me an email at sales@wildcard-innovations.com.au
and we can begin a dialog to try and determine what is happening?

Could you please dial up MODE STATUS, STATUS VERSION and let me know by email which version you have?
If you could also let me know whether you use internal AA batteries or an external DC source.
When the unit is interfaced to the encoders, if you dial up MODE STATUS, STATUS POWER, is the power source flickering between OK and LOW?

When you email, could you also please let me know if you have any
satellite, comet or asteroid orbital elements currently loaded.

Best Regards

Gary Kopff
Managing Director
Wildcard Innovations Pty. Ltd.
20 Kilmory Place, Mount Kuring-Gai
NSW. 2080. Australia
Phone +61-2-9457-9049
Fax +61-2-9457-9593
wildcard@wildcard-innovations.com.au
http://www.wildcard-innovations.com.au

Last edited by gary; 12-10-2014 at 12:48 PM.